Monday, April 03, 2006

Project Read

Just finished reading The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins. Gosh, this book was so good; I'm now a huge fan of Collins.

My favorite character in this book was Marian Halcombe; she was a very strong-minded, intelligent woman ... so much so that at a few points during the story, her mind was considered 'manly'. I found that intriguing, but I suppose during that day, very little was expected of a woman. Quite the opposite is true of our culture today. Also, Count Fosco was such a fascinating character and served very well as the villian of the story.

Also, I recently completed Night by Elie Wiesel. I've read this one so many years ago and wanted to read it again. It is such a heart-wrenching story of his days in the concentration camps during WWII.

No comments: