Sunday, April 20, 2008

Greek Chicken

Recently I ordered 'Greek Chicken' at a local restaurant, and it was so good that I decided to attempt to cook it myself ... even though I'm not really much of a cook. So, tonight, armed with a few different recipes, I was able to cook my own version ... and it tastes somewhat similar to the version from the restaurant. Here it is (next time I will probably wait and add the spinach after the chicken is finished baking. Also, you can use fresh spinach; all I had at the time was the frozen).

ingredients

2 Tbsp xtra virgin olive oil
1-1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
dash of salt and pepper
1 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of minced onions
1 piece of chicken breast, cooked
1 serving of frozen spinach, nuke for 2 minutes
a handful of black and green olives, whole or diced
1 serving of feta cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ. If chicken is uncooked, then boil in pot of water covered for 12-14 minutes (I usually save the water for soup for another day). Cool.
2. Cut chicken into smaller pieces (or leave uncut) and put in a resealable bag. Add 1 Tbsp oil, 1 Tbsp lemon, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and onions. Shake to coat well.
3. Spread 1 Tbsp oil and 1/2 Tbsp lemon to grease a small glass baking dish. Add Chicken. Sprinkle more oregano, lemon, garlic and onions.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Add nuked spinach, olives and cheese. Cook for five additional minutes.
5. Serve with white (or seasoned) rice and broccoli, lightly sauteed with butter.

Serves one.

No comments: