Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Project Read, Extraordinary Faith

My sister loaned me her copy of Extraordinary Faith by Sheila Walsh, and she insisted that I read it. So, after much delay and procrastination, I picked it up the other day and began. I still have quite a ways to go before finishing it, but already it has been a good book, and here is quote that I wanted to write here and remember ...

On page xiv (yes, that's still in the Introduction chapter), Walsh refers to a quote from Charles Spurgeon, "It is not thy hold on Christ that saves thee; it is Christ. It is not thy joy in Christ that saves thee; it is Christ. It is not even thy faith in Christ that saves thee, though that be the instrument. It is Christ's blood and merit."

Anyways, there will be more to come, as I proceed further through the book ...


Other recent reads:

The Solitary Envoy T. Davis & Isabella Bunn ** :: I read this book more for the fact that it was a very light, easy read and set in one of my favorite time periods, the 1700s. There were some good messages in it.

Timeline, Michael Crichton **** :: why have I waited so long to read a Crichton book?! This book was excellent!!

Twilight, Stephanie Meyer ** :: Sorry to those who are fans, but I was a little bored with this book. Perhaps, the 2nd book will be better, but I am taking a break for awhile before continuing my journey though this series.

No comments: